BIAIS: The diagonal thread of a fabric in relation to straight weft or warp yarns.
BOBBIN LOOM: Loom on which a braid (elasticized or not) is obtained by criss-crossing bobbins around a production axis.
BODICE: Wide belt often laced up at the front, which can expand to up to the diaphragm. Also called corselet.
BODY: A garment that covers the upper body and which is buttoned up between the legs. It can have a loose or snug fit and is worn either as an over or under garment.
• Underwired balcony body: body with a balcony neckline.
• Body stocking: a body with no side seams that goes down to the ankles.
• Body "top" with long sleeves, and a high neck: body that is used as a "blouse” and is worn with a skirt or trousers.
• Suspender Body: body with a built in suspender belt to wear stockings.
• Body short: body in the form of a short.
• “Stretch” Body with Lycra®lace: an all elastic body.
• Thong Body: a body with a string back.